|My dad sent me this viral email-
Letter from Jesus about Christmas — It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybe you’ve forgotten that I wasn’t actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of your predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was actually a time of pagan festival. Although I do appreciate being remembered anytime.
How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don’t care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth, just GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Now, having said that let Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn’t allow a scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santas and snowmen and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn
If all My followers did that there wouldn’t be any need for such a scene on the town square because there would be many of them all around town. Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you wish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching, explaining who I am in relation to you and what each of our tasks were. If you have forgotten that one, look up John 15: 1 – 8.
If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it:
1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.
2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don’t have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
3. Instead of writing the President complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out this year, why don’t you write and tell him that you’ll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up. It will be nice hearing from you again.
4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can’t afford and they don’t need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.
5 Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.
6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don’t know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.
7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren’t allowed to wish you a “Merry Christmas” that doesn’t keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn’t make so much money on that day they’d close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families
8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary– especially one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never heard My name.
9. Here’s a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your town who not only will have no “Christmas” tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don’t know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me and they will make the delivery for you.
10. Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don’t do things in secret that you wouldn’t do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine.
Don’t forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I’ll take care of all the rest. Check out the list above and get to work; time is short. I’ll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember :
I LOVE YOU,
Hi, I’m Patty…
Artist, Owner of Fabulous Finishes Paint Studio in Metro Detroit, Regional Director for Caromal Colours, Retail Store for American Paint Company Chalk and Clay Paints, and Retail Tint Store for Cottage Paints. Busy mom to two beautiful teens, an ornary Ocicat, a BIG shepherd mut, and wife to a husband that lives for his family. Here you can read about my daily happenings on and off the wall. Grab your coffee (or glass of wine) and stay awhile... and please, feel free to tell me whats on your mind - comments are my favorite!
- American Paint Company (120)
- Architectural Elements (110)
- Blogging (18)
- Capture It – Camera Roll (74)
- Caromal Colours DIY (531)
- CeCe Chalk Clay Paint, When It Was Made By The Creators Of American Paint Co. (156)
- Ceilings (46)
- Cooking (8)
- Cottage Paint (9)
- Daily Happenings At The Fab (17)
- Decorating Trends (146)
- Decorative Painting (686)
- Family and Kids (95)
- Furniture (342)
- Garden (7)
- Grab Bag (64)
- Marketing (24)
- Metro Detroit Businesses (157)
- My How To Videos (17)
- Ocicats My Cats (25)
- Our New Puppy (29)
- Textureline (11)
- The Bathroom (46)
- The Casual Living Area (20)
- The Children's Room (16)
- The Dining Room (21)
- The Formal Living Area (10)
- The Front Entry (21)
- The Kitchen (59)
- The Master Bedroom (15)
- The Mudroom (11)
- The Study (3)
- What Bugs Me (7)
- Whats on Your Bookshelf? (7)
- Workshop and Customer Before/Afters (67)
- You Know, It's Sunday! (149)
What are you searching for?
Fabulous Finishes Retail Studio