Work in progress, to say the least… but I am further along than I was yesterday, so that’s a good thing. It’s pretty common now to wake with a startle – usually around 4am – with “to do’s” racing in my head… having a note pad and pen on my nightstand is helping ease that panic a little 🙂
It’s funny, I’ll find myself worrying that I can’t do it all – I’ll see myself helping/showing store customers how easy the paints are, and then there will be other customers over there that need something… my mom , who’s been a huge support, e’d me yesterday and said
… Isn’t your biggest fear: open, and nobody comes, or maybe one person a week? agh!
I smiled when I read it, replied back,
Let go and let God…
This is my journey so far –
Applying the vinyl lettering adhesive so I could silver leaf the signage in my window
I used the Caromal Colours gilding (metal leaf aka bling) products for those letters – such a pretty finish – something I’ll be able to show and offer at the store
My awesome finisher friend Kathleen came that day and helped me – the extra hands were great
2 layers of CC Textured Basecoat Parchment brushed on
then time to mouse sand it
brush some Toner on
and wipe it off –
and into the window it goes!
Then I started on the glass table top that the previous lessee left. Our best friends had an extra base that was a perfect fit… I used a Caromal Colours Sticky Back Stencil (Cherry Blossoms) to apply an all over pattern on the glass using CC Textured Basecoat Chocolate –
Yes, Virginia, it bonds to glass too! After the chocolate paint dried I randomly applied sticky size then transferred on a gold hologram foil and a silvery/pewter one –
The foils aren’t part of the Caromal Colours products, they are one of the extra design ideas that I’ll be able to share with my store traffic –
then the weekend came and we focused on chasing down furniture/paintable items … these banks of old cabinets were a perfect extension of my window ledge!
awesome storage – might just leave it as is and not even refinish… holds a lot –
I needed a chair, this baby is solid!
Love this dresser –
I painted the two opposite walls brown… left the front entrance wall alone, that needs a cool finish –
and left the back wall unpainted – these walls are getting knocked down, hopefully in next couple days
Over the weekend we found some great furniture finds – I have enough to keep me busy that s for sure!
Yesterday I started this dresser using CC Textured Basecoat Peppercorn
and my finisher pal Kathleen started this table in CC Textured Basecoat Candy Apple –
she called and asked if I needed help – how cool was that? ! Thanks Kath! Here she’s finishing layer 1 which took about 2 hours…
my first layer took about 2 hours as well, the second layer 1 hour…
I got out the Caromal Colours Sticky Size again thought it would fun to gold leaf the hardware – (it dries clear and tacky)
that took some extra time but I knew it would be an added treat … the leaf, untoned, is very bright –
A mouse sanding to distress the finish, then time to brush on the Toner
and wipe off…
this is HANDS DOWN , why I love the Textured Basecoats – I started this piece yesterday – painted first coat, let dry an hour or so, painted second coat, let dry, gilded the hardware, sanded, brushed on Toner and wiped off – ALL in the SAME chunk of evening. These paints love me, I think – if they could talk I think they’d say
BRING IT ON, we can take it!
and the peanut gallery roars!
I might as well take you through today , since this is beyond long already – I embedded a stencil on the bottom shelf using CC Peppercorn –
then when it dried I brushed on CC Chipping Creme
when that dried I painted one more coat of Candy Apple
I also took down the whole window display so I could add a textural plaster finish to the surrounding walls – first I rolled on a brown tinted textural plaster, then troweled over it with a mix of metallic and matte plasters
while the window display was ripped up, I decided to tackle the bank of cabinets that are part of it i based the main cabinets in Textured Basecoat Chocolate, and created a plan to have each door be a different finish… here I’m starting to basecoat each door panel
I added some Peppercorn accents to the table, then sanded and brushed on the Toner (and wiped it off)
and another one done!
Wall finish is done, display put back together …
The bank of cabinets are drying – tomorrow I’ll sand to distress then finish those up as well.
They are in the process of putting my first order together I’m quite excited to see all that stock roll in… less than two weeks to go 🙂
I need something decorated outside – like a finished bench…. ooooh,, maybe in Bayberry!