This season we are offering a new series of paint workshops titled
Beyond The Basic Chalk/Clay Paint Finish
Our Paint A Piece Workshop is a great success, and continues to be a part of our teaching studio, but it is specifically focused on using the paints we offer – Caromal Colours textured paints, Reclaim paint, CeCe Caldwell and American Paint Chalk and Clay paint, and our popular Metallic finishes – and transforming your piece in a finish of your choice. You complete your piece, start to finish, in 4 hours and take it home with you.
Many finishes that can be accomplished using our products, CANT be completed in a mere 4 hours. This series of workshops lets us focus on the details –
- fiddling more with the paint finish itself, layering with texture, maybe layering again,
- sealed with waxes, not just clear but wax tinted with pigments, tinted with mica powders,
- topping finishes off with Aging Dust/Grit
- Stenciling with multi color, dimension, and texture
- unique, fun custom finishes, perfect for furniture tops, or drawer fronts
I’ve split 15 finishes into 3 sessions, each session offering a little bit of everything, so that you aren’t forced into taking EACH session in order to learn about a technique. Pick your favorite finishes and grab that workshop, or join us for all three 🙂 Each attendee will complete 5 sample boards (4 1′ x 1′ beadboard panels and 1 1′ x 2′ beadboard panel) per session.
We will only be offering each session 1 time this year.
Workshop cost $90, 50% Deposit is required to hold a spot.
all instruction, materials and tools needed to complete finishes
4 12×12 inch sample bead board finishes
1 12×24 inch sample bead board finish
printed recipe sheets
$5 in store product voucher
session 1 FINISHES 1-5
will be offered Friday, October 25th, 6-9pm
2) Glazed Finish – 1/2 Caromal Colours Textured Basecoat and 1/2 Chalk/Clay Paint. Using pre-tinted glazes over 2 neutral paint colors, the perfect subtle antique finish
3) Waxing with Clear Wax + Mica Powder and Clear Wax + Aging Dust/Grit, over Chalk/Clay Paint finish part textured, part smooth
4) Glazed, Washed Barn Wood and Basket Weave Texture layering Caromal Colours Textured Basecoat and Chalk/Clay Paint
5) Embossed Stencil with Dimensional with Glitter Crown (optional), using layered, pitted Chalk/Clay Paint, Wax and Aging Dust/Grit
REGISTRATION You can register in the studio, by phone 888-819-1490, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Paint a Piece Workshop IS NOT A PREREQUISITE, but we highly recommend that you have previous WORKING knowledge in the use of our paints. Caromal Colours paints and CeCe Caldwell and APC chalk and clay based paints are NOT your typical primer/latex paint.
YOU CAN FIND THE DETAILS ON SESSION 6-10 HERE
YOU CAN FIND THE DETAILS ON SESSION 11-15 HERE
EVERY COLOR IN THE CHALK/CLAY PAINT RAINBOW
We are a full service retailer
AMERICAN PAINT COMPANY CHALK/CLAY PAINTS
CE CE CALDWELL CHALK/CLAY PAINTS
RECLAIM BEYOND PAINT
BRUSHES, SUNDRIES, STENCILS
If you want to place an order, click on the store button below.