This season we are offering a new series of paint workshops titled
Beyond The Basic Chalk/Clay Paint Finish
Our Paint A Piece Workshop is a great success, and continues to be a part of our teaching studio, but it is specifically focused on using the paints we offer – Caromal Colours textured paints, Reclaim paint, CeCe Caldwell and American Paint Chalk and Clay paint, and our popular Metallic finishes – and transforming your piece in a finish of your choice. You complete your piece, start to finish, in 4 hours and take it home with you.
Many finishes that can be accomplished using our products, CANT be completed in a mere 4 hours. This series of workshops lets us focus on the details –
- fiddling more with the paint finish itself, layering with texture, maybe layering again,
- sealed with waxes, not just clear but wax tinted with pigments, tinted with mica powders,
- topping finishes off with Aging Dust/Grit
- Stenciling with multi color, dimension, and texture
- unique, fun custom finishes, perfect for furniture tops, or drawer fronts
I’ve split 15 finishes into 3 sessions, each session offering a little bit of everything, so that you aren’t forced into taking EACH session in order to learn about a technique. Pick your favorite finishes and grab that workshop, or join us for all three 🙂 Each attendee will complete 5 sample boards (4 1′ x 1′ beadboard panels and 1 1′ x 2′ beadboard panel) per session.
We will only be offering each session 1 time this year.
Workshop cost $90, 50% Deposit is required to hold a spot.
all instruction, materials and tools needed to complete finishes
4 12×12 inch sample bead board finishes
1 12×24 inch sample bead board finish
printed recipe sheets
$5 in store product voucher
session 2 FINISHES 6-10
will be offered Monday november 4th, 6-9pm
1) Chalk/Clay Tissue over Texture , aged with tinted wax
2) Simple Grain Top using Textured and Chalk Paints, with Glazes
3) Crackled Chalk/Clay paint finish with Clear Wax and Mica Powder
4) Texture and Chalk/Clay Paint Finish, part textured, part imprinted, sealed with Pigment Tinted Wax, and Tinted Glaze
5) Embossed Stone Dimensional Stencil , using layered, pitted Chalk/Clay Paint, Mica Wax and Aging Dust/Grit
REGISTRATION You can register in the studio, by phone 888-819-1490, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Paint a Piece WORKSHOP IS NOT A PREREQUISITE, but it is highly recommended that you have working knowledge of our paints.
YOU CAN FIND THE DETAILS ON SESSION 1-5 HERE
YOU CAN FIND THE DETAILS ON SESSION 11-15 HERE
EVERY COLOR IN THE CHALK/CLAY PAINT RAINBOW
We are a full service retailer
AMERICAN PAINT COMPANY CHALK/CLAY PAINTS
CE CE CALDWELL CHALK/CLAY PAINTS
RECLAIM BEYOND PAINT
BRUSHES, SUNDRIES, STENCILS
If you want to place an order, click on the store button below.